Midwest Technology Leaders Awards
Every year over 400 business leaders come together and celebrate:
- Our commitment to Michigan
- Our community in Michigan
- And those that inspire us to continue to commit, collaborate and care!
The Corporate Commitment to Michigan (2CMICHIGAN) award honors corporate individuals who actively participate in community relations, organizations and other philanthropic activities to promote a healthy, highly-functioning Michigan. This award solicits nominations for this award from the Michigan Business community.
- Innovation: Those contributing imaginative, cutting-edge solutions and strategies that will help transform and empower our community
- Excellence: Persons contributing at the highest level of performance to create a positive impression on the State of Michigan
- Action: Individuals whom display extraordinary effort to make an impact in the community
Past winners include:
|2009||Robert Ficano, Wayne County; Stephen Pickett, Penske Corporation; and Ed Copley, Kid-Safe Network|
|2008||Phil Bertolini, Chief Information Officer for Oakland County, Michigan; Peter Karmanos, Chairman of the Board, Compuware; and Richard Sheridan, Chief Executive Officer, Menlo Innovations.|
|2007||Cherri Musser, Former CIO of GMAC; Doug Rothwell, President Detroit Renaissance; and Rodney O’Neal, CEO & President of Delphi|
|2006||Teri Takai, Current CIO of State CA; John Crary, CIO of Lear Corp; and L. Brooks Patterson, County Executive Oakland County|
The Midwest Collaboration Award (MCA) was created in 2005 to identify, create, support and honor impacting partnerships between Midwest companies and local individuals or groups benefiting the technology community. Information technology is one of the fastest growing sectors of the Midwest economy. As the regional economy has become increasingly more reliant upon technology, local communities, organization and businesses have also come to have a vested interest in the role technology pays within their world. This award recognized one partnership that has made a recognizable impact on the growth of the technology community.
Past winners include:
|2009||Detroit Regional Chamber, West Michigan Strategic Alliance Presidents Council, State Universities of Michigan, Digerati, Media Genesis, Issue Media Group|
|2008||The State of Michigan|